Monday, May 27, 2013

Time to hit the reset button

Strange things happen in the off season.  How much work, repairs, or painting should one do to a race car.  The original paint on the chassis of the trusted #88 was showing signs of age.  To be honest, it was looking really bad.  After much debate, I went to work on the car.  It was the first time I have ever stripped a car completely.  Every nut, bolt, rivet and part were removed.  Once all the parts were removed I could see the true condition of the car.  It was in great condition, minimal welding repairs were needed.  The red paint was faded, chipped and flaking off.  I had a choice to make.  Should I paint, or powder coat?  Everyone I asked said "powder coat was the best" for durability and finish.  So down the road to Force Powder coating in Burlington for a sandblast and new colour.

No comments: