Thursday, September 22, 2011

Fastest at Flamboro

Usually being the fastest car means you will win right? Not this time out for the apprenticesearch team. We moved from 8th to 3rd in the heat race. Started the feature in 9th. We quicly caught the front group of cars and tried hard to pass on every lap. Trouble is the cars in front were 3 wide. Finally I picked them off one at a time. Inside, then outside them through the middle. Looks like I need new numbers on both sides of the car again. LOL. With 6 laps to go the track was clear in front of me, then I could see the #3 car way in the corner ahead of me. He had broken free at the start of the race and was miles out in front of the rest of the cars. Lap after lap, I kept getting closer. On lap 19 I had made up 1/2 the tracks distance and was pressuring for the win. Too bad for us they shortened the race length to only 20 laps. One more lap and we were winners. It is good to be fast heading into the last round at Sunset. One more win for the year would be a nice way to cap off the Championship.

No comments: